Just saw this post on the ACTEM Listserve! Wanted to share with our membership in case anyone is interested.
Reposted from ACTEM Listserve 2/19/16–posted to ACTEM by Mike Muir, Policy Director—Learning Through Technology Team
The Learning Through Technology Team and MLTI are looking for a high energy, entrepreneurial-thinking, collaborative educator who would like to work with us.
Are you making great things happen in your classroom or school? Consider joining us and make great things happen statewide!
We currently have one opening for a Regional Education Representative: Digital Learning Specialist (and anticipate 2 more in the coming months).
The Digital Learning Specialists will work closely as a team with Sherry Wyman, our Coordinator for Education Technology, and me, to design and implement our efforts to support schools leveraging technology for learning, including strategic efforts (think MLTI, the Move the Needle Summit, iLearnMaine Educator Micro-credentials, etc.) and existing programs, including LTTT Professional Learning, School Libraries, District Technology Plans, AP4ALL, the STEM OER Project, MSLN, and others.
Ok. Ok. The vacation time stinks and the pay is just “ok”! (At least, experienced educators would likely come in closer to the top of the salary range…)
* If you know you want to be part of where we’re going, and you want to have a role in making it happen, then apply.
* If you are someone who smiles and nods when you hear, “If it were easy, it wouldn’t be any fun at all!” then apply.
* If you want to support teachers and help make them feel capable of making terrific learning experiences happen for every student, in every classroom, then apply.
* If you want to be the tech geek who helps makes great learning happen with each school’s devices, then apply.
* If you want to be the pedagogy and instruction specialist that helps schools get the most from their devices, then apply.
Applications accepted until March 18.
More information and how to apply can be found here: http://www.maine.gov/fps/opportunities/ (scroll down and click on “Regional Education Representative – Digital Learning Specialist”)
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have questions.